Award in the Principles of Fire Safety – Level 2
✓ Fully Accredited HABC Course
✓ Includes courseware, equipments and exams
✓ Taught by Certified Trainers
The Level 2 Fire Safety qualification is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of fire in any premises.
Module 1: Causes
Module 2: Components
- 3 elements, what each do and how to extinguish by removing 1.
Module 3: Hazards –
- Fire – burning, further fires, structural weakness.
- Smoke – inhalation, visual, smoke damage, smoke carrying potential ignition.
Module 4: Spread
- Radiation, convection, conduction direct burning.
Module 5: Fire risk assessment
- Refer to the 5 Steps to Fire Risk Assessment.
Module 6: Reduce the likelihood
- Complete, review and update fire risk assessments.
- Good housekeeping, fire detection, employee training.
Module 7: Elements
- Assembly point.
Module 8: Types
- Portable – water, Co2 etc.
- Fixed – sprinklers, risers, etc.
Module 7: Duties
- Providing a fire risk assessment
- Good housekeeping
- Emergency procedures in place
- Regular training
- Drills etc.
- Fire safety inspections.
This qualification is assessed by a 20-question multiple-choice examination that must be completed within 45 minutes.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
The following will be included in this Fire Safety training course:
- Course equipment (if applicable)
- Certified Instructor
Dates and Prices for Award in the Principles of Fire Safety – Level 2
We currently have no public classroom courses scheduled, but would be more than happy to run this course for you. Please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you with some dates and prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Level 2 Fire Safety course start and finish each day?
On each day of the course the training starts at 9:15am and finishes by 5:00pm.
Our registered office and postal address is 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.