Award in the Principles of Fire Safety – Level 2
✓ Fully Accredited HABC Courses
✓ Trainers with over 10 years experience
✓ Expert instructors with 5 Star customer ratings
✓ Onsite training courses available
✓ ReAct Government Funded Accepted
The Level 2 Fire Safety qualification is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of fire in any premises.
Module 1: Causes
Module 2: Components
- 3 elements, what each do and how to extinguish by removing 1.
Module 3: Hazards –
- Fire – burning, further fires, structural weakness.
- Smoke – inhalation, visual, smoke damage, smoke carrying potential ignition.
Module 4: Spread
- Radiation, convection, conduction direct burning.
Module 5: Fire risk assessment
- Refer to the 5 Steps to Fire Risk Assessment.
Module 6: Reduce the likelihood
- Complete, review and update fire risk assessments.
- Good housekeeping, fire detection, employee training.
Module 7: Elements
- Assembly point.
Module 8: Types
- Portable – water, Co2 etc.
- Fixed – sprinklers, risers, etc.
Module 9: Duties
- Providing a fire risk assessment
- Good housekeeping
- Emergency procedures in place
- Regular training
- Drills etc.
- Fire safety inspections.
This qualification is assessed by a 20-question multiple-choice examination that must be completed within 45 minutes.
- Day 1 – 09:15am – 17:00pm
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Fire Safety trainer
- Course Handbook
- Classroom Based Examination
Dates and Prices for Fire Safety Level 2
Can’t find the course dates or location you’re looking for?
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Fire Safety Training?
We deliver fully accredited HABC courses
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices