Award in the Principles of Fire Safety Awareness – Level 1
✓ Fully Accredited HABC Courses
✓ Trainers with over 10 years experience
✓ Expert instructors with 5 Star customer ratings
✓ Onsite training courses available
✓ ReAct Government Funded Accepted
The Level 1 Fire Safety qualification is aimed at staff, particularly new starters in any workplace, where a basic understanding of fire safety is required. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the contribution they have in preventing the starting and spread of fires.
Understand the principles of fire and its prevention
- Components of the fire triangle – ignition, fuel, oxygen.
- How elements start/reduce/stop a fire, causes of fire
- Main causes of fires in the workplace – arson, electrical faults, smoking materials
- Reduce the likelihood of a fire- fire risk assessment, housekeeping, physical controls, employee controls (training), equipment safety and servicing e.g. gas and electric, storage of flammable substances/fuel.
- Main costs of fires in the workplace – personal injury or death, direct cost to building and business, insurance costs, loss of jobs, society healthcare, social welfare.
- Structural features of means of escape – fire doors, staircases, emergency lighting, escape doors, assembly points How to ensure they are maintained – regular inspection, testing, maintenance.
Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Actions to take in the event of a fire – raise the alarm, evacuate, contact emergency services, fight a fire if able, assembly point
- Types of fire-fighting equipment – portable Extinguishers – water, dry powder, foam, wet chemical, CO2 , blanket. Fixed sprinklers, hoses.
- Ensure fire safety equipment is available for use – regular servicing of equipment.
This qualification is assessed by a 15-question multiple-choice examination that must be completed within 30 minutes.
- Day 1 – 09:15am – 13:00pm
This course includes:
- Training from a certified Fire Safety trainer
- Course Handbook
- Classroom Based Examination
Dates and Prices for Fire Safety Level 1
Can’t find the course dates or location you’re looking for?
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your Fire Safety Training?
We deliver fully accredited HABC courses
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Industry expert trainers with over 10 years experience
Courses available at our venues or your offices