Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace – Level 1
✓ Fully Accredited HABC Course
✓ Includes courseware, equipment and exams
✓ Taught by Certified Trainers
The Level 1 Health and Safety qualification is designed for those learners either currently working or those returning or starting work and wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in health and safety.
- To provide a safe place of work
- To provide drinking water
- To provide toilets and washing facilities
- To provide a place to eat meals
- Duty of care
- To follow employer instructions
- Not to interfere with or misuse equipment provided for health and safety
- To report hazards, accidents and near misses
- Slips and trips
- Falls from height
- Vehicle collision
- Poor Manual handling
- Good housekeeping
- Barriers and enclosures
- Safe lifting techniques and equipment
Classes of health and safety signage
The qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination. The examination for this qualification contains 15 questions that must be completed within 30 minutes.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand main responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace
- Understand how the workplace can affect health and safety
The following will be included in this Health & Safety training course:
- Course equipment (if applicable)
- Certified Instructor
Dates and Prices for Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace – Level 1
We currently have no public classroom courses scheduled, but would be more than happy to run this course for you. Please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you with some dates and prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the Level 1 Health & Safety course start and finish each day?
On each day of the course the training starts at 9:15am and finishes by 1:00pm.
Our registered office and postal address is 50 Commercial Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 2PE
All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT.
All course bookings are subject to availability.