✓ Fully Accredited ITIL® Course
✓ Includes Course Materials, Exams & Certificates
✓ Real world examples that don’t just teach you to pass the exam
The ITIL® Practitioner Training Course was developed in collaboration with Practitioners worldwide to help organisations and individuals increase the value they obtain from using the ITIL® framework, by offering additional practical guidance to adopt and adapt the framework to support the business.
It can be the next step after ITIL® Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services. It is also equally applicable to those who have already taken Intermediate training and even those who have achieved ITIL® Expert level. It will help guide you through the practical side of successfully applying the theory in the workplace.
After completing the course, students are familiar with the following aspects of ITIL :
- Understand how to define services in terms of value, cost, outcomes and risk
- Using the guiding principles of service improvement
- Anchoring programmes to the service improvement approach
- Appreciate and act on organizational change principles
- Be able to define and report using meaningful metrics
- Plan effective communications for improvement
- Be ready to sit the ITIL practitioner examination
Service Management Concepts
- Adopt and Adapt
- VOCR – Value, outcomes, costs and risks
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it Simple
Service improvement Approach
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How do we know we’ve arrived?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
Organisational Change Management (OCM)
- What is OCM?
- Sources of resistance
- People transition
- Stakeholder management
- Sponsor management
- Resistance management
Metrics and Measurements
- CSFs and KPIs
- Metric cascades and hierarchies
- Metric categories
- Issues caused by poor communication
- Benefits of good communication
- Communication essentials
- Communication principles
- Communication types
The course is aimed at:
- Those engaged in IT development, IT operations and IT service management.
- Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of service improvement.
The course leads up to the Axelos ITIL practitioner exam. Successfully passing (70%) the 1 hour 45 minute, open book examination, consisting of 40 case study based multiple-choice questions, leads to the ITIL practitioner certificate. This is worth 3 credits towards the ITIL expert award. This version of the course involves preparing and sitting the exam at the end of the class.
The following will be included in this ITIL Practitioner training course:
- ITIL® Practitioner level Examination
- Pre-course learning material
- ITIL course materials
- Accredited ITIL® Instructor
Dates and Prices for ITIL Practitioner
We currently have no public classroom courses scheduled, but would be more than happy to run this course for you. Please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you with some dates and prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the ITIL course start and finish each day?
The training starts at 9:15am and finishes at 5pm each day.