Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
In this Introduction to Microsoft Excel training course, delegates will create and edit basic worksheets and workbooks. This course is designed for students who want to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Excel worksheets.
After completing this course delegates will be able to:
- Create basic worksheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Modify the appearance of data within a worksheet.
- Manage Excel workbooks.
- The Excel Environment
- Copying, Moving and Deleting Information
- Copying, Moving, Resizing and Deleting Rows and Columns
- Using the Format Painter
- Formatting in Excel (Border and Shading, Cell Formatting)
- Wrap Text feature
- Merge and Centre feature
- Text Alignment and Text Formatting
- Creating basic formulas using mathematical operators (+,-,/ and *)
- Using BODMAS rules to create formulas
- Creating Percentage formulas
- Absolute Cell Referencing (using Dollar ($ signs) in formulas)
- Managing Worksheets (Insert, Delete, Rename, Move, Copy worksheets and colouring worksheet tabs)
- Using and Managing the Autosum feature (Sum and Average feature)
- Using Excel Functions:
- Sum Function and Average Function
- Max Function and Min Function
- Count Function
Course Key Points
Duration: 1 day
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live, In-house and Online
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.