Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Microsoft Project is a project management application, designed to assist project managers in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analysing workloads.
This course is designed to provide delegates with the introduction and intermediate-level operations of Microsoft Project. After completing this course, you will be familiar enough to use Microsoft Project on a day-to-day basis
- Planning a Project/ Project Initiation Document (PID)
- MS Project Environment and Customising MS Project
- Project Information and setting a Project Start/Finish Date
- Inserting, Deleting and Modifying Tasks
- Inserting Milestones
- Copying and Moving Tasks
- Manual Scheduling verses Auto Scheduling
- Inputting Task Durations i.e. Hour, Day, Week
- Grouping/Indenting/Outlining Tasks
- “Action” and “Static” Tasks
- Predecessor and Successor Tasks
- Linking Tasks i.e. Finish to Start, Start to Start, Finish to Finish
- “Globally” Linking Tasks
- Unlinking Tasks
- Displaying the Project Summary Task
- Modifying Task Links
- Inputting and Assigning Resources
- Resource Costs and Assigning Cost to Tasks
- Using Tables in MS Project
- Setting a Baseline and displaying the Baseline Graphic
- Displaying Variance table and interpreting a Baseline Variance
- Setting Task Constraints and entering Task Notes
- Entering Task Lag or Lead Time
- Printing in MS Project and setting the Project Timescale
Course Key Points
Duration: 2 days
Practice Exam(s): N/A
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.