Introduction to SQL
✓ World’s most widely used database language
✓ Hands on classroom sessions
✓ Expert instructors with 5 Star customer ratings
✓ Onsite training courses available
✓ ReAct Government Funded Accepted
This course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
- What is a database?
- Understanding what tables are
- Logging with SQL Server Management Studio and understanding its querying interface
- Introduction to the SELECT Statement
- Learning how to select specific information from a data table
- Understanding basic SQL Server data types
- Creating calculations in SQL
- Basic text manipulation in SQL
- Introduction to dates in SQL
- Sorting and grouping data in SQL
- Introduction to relationships. Understanding what joins are
- Selecting information from more than one table
- An introduction to inserting, updating and deleting information
There is no formal assessment for this course. For accredited SQL courses please visit Microsoft SQL Server training courses.
- Day 1 – 09:15am – 16:30pm
This course includes:
- Training from an experienced SQL trainer
- Computer / Laptop to use for the duration of the course
- Detailed course notes and sample exercises
Dates and Prices for SQL Introduction
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public classroom course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.
Why Choose NILC For Your SQL Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Highly skilled trainers with real world SQL experience
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Hand's On Sessions
Practical classroom sessions that let you get hands on with SQL
Courses available at our venues or your offices