Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner
✓ APMG accredited courses available
✓ Expert instructors with 5 Star customer ratings
✓ Onsite training courses available
✓ ReAct Government Funded Accepted
This course is designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the ‘Five Case Model’ – the UK government’s best practice approach to developing spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. This provides a step-by-step guide to developing a business case, by:
• Establishing a clear need for intervention – a case for change
• Setting clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
• Considering a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
• Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal
- Awareness Exercise 1 – Relevant Learning Points
- Why is Business Case Required?
- Awareness Exercise 2 – Why do projects fail?
- Unpacking the 5 Case Model
- Unpacking the 5 Case Model (continued)
- Awareness Exercise 3 – the Intelligent Customer
- Foundation Examination
- Refresh of Foundation Course
- The Business Case Development Process
- Stage 1 (Scoping): Preparing the SOC
- Preparing the Outline Business Case
- Preparing the OBC
- Preparing the Full Business Case Cases
- Practitioner Examination
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using The Five Case Model. This is a 40 minute, multiple-choice, closed book examination. Delegates need to score 50% or more, to pass.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of the theory and application of The Five Case Model to allow them to effectively develop and produce a business case. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the model to a real project. This is a 2 ½ hours, objective-testing, open book examination. Delegates need to score 50% or more, to pass.
- Day 1 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 2 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 3 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 4 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 5 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
The following will be included in this Better Business Cases Foundation & Practitioner training course:
- Pre-course work
- Course Materials
- Accredited Instructor
Dates and Prices for Better Business Cases Foundation & Practitioner
We currently have no public classroom courses scheduled, but would be more than happy to run this course for you. Please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you with some dates and prices.
Why Choose NILC For Your Better Business Cases Training?
Industry Expert Trainers
Highly skilled trainers with real world experience
We are highly rated with 5 stars from Trustpilot
Trusted & Accredited
APMG Accredited Business Case Courses Available
Courses available at our venues or your offices