MSP® Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner
Learn from home - we offer this course as a live instructor-led virtual session delivered by the same expert trainers as our classroom courses
High quality training courses
We'll match like-for-like prices*
Our MSP® course has been designed and developed to allow delegates to understand and apply MSP® not just to pass the exams. We specialize in working together with organisations and individuals to understand how MSP® works and how to effectively integrate it in to the existing structures and processes of the parent organisation.
The MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Course is based upon the “Managing Successful Programmes 2011 edition” which describes “best practice” guidance for handling all types of transformational change programmes.
This accredited course is designed to teach the basic principles of good programme management in line with the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow described in the MSP® approach and to prepare delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, held within the course.
- Introduction to Programmes, Programme Management and MSP®
- MSP® Principles
- MSP® Governance Themes
- MSP® Transformational Flow
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- Business Case
- Benefits Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Managing the Tranches
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Closing a Programme
- MSP Foundation Examination and results
- The MSP® Practitioner examination explained
- Review of the MSP® programme management method
- Practitioner examination hints and tips
- MSP® Practitioner examination workshops
- MSP® Practitioner Examination workshops continued
- MSP® Practitioner Examination
Presented in association with aims4change.
Foundation Level Exam
The MSP® Foundation Exam is of 1 hour duration and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 35 correct answers.
The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
Practitioner Level Exam
The MSP® Practitioner Exam is a written paper of 2.5 hours duration. There are 8 Objective Test style questions to be answered
in the 2.5 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. Each question is worth 10 marks and the candidate must
score 40/80 to be successful. Results will be received within 7 – 10 days
- Pre-course reading list
- Managing Successful Programmes official manual (excluding ELC funded candidates)
- Training from an approved MSP trainer
- Exam preparation for both exams
- Foundation exam
- Practitioner exam
- Practitioner certificate (on passing the exam)
- Detailed Foundation & Practitioner course notes
- Sample exams
- Refreshments (excluding ELC funded candidates)
Course Key Points
Duration: 5 days
Start Time: 09:00am
Finish Time: 17:00pm
Pre-course Reading: 6-8 Hours
Exam(s): Included – taken during course
Practice Exam(s): Included
Manual: Official MSP manual included
Type: Available as Classroom, Virtual Live and In-house
Save time and money by letting our expert trainers come to your offices.
Enter your onsite training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Looking to book 4 or more delegates onto a single course?
Enter your group training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.
Learn new skills from our expert instructors in your own time and at your own pace.
Unfortunately this courses does not currently have an online self-paced learning option.
Can’t find the course dates or training location you are looking for? We’ll try our best to accommodate.
Enter your training requirements below and a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss them further.