MSP® Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner
✓ Includes official course manual, materials, exam(s) and certificate
✓ High pass rates for Foundation and Practitioner exams
✓ Exams taken in classroom, not online
✓ ReAct Government Funded Accepted
Our MSP® course has been designed and developed to allow delegates to understand and apply MSP® not just to pass the exams. We specialize in working together with organisations and individuals to understand how MSP® works and how to effectively integrate it in to the existing structures and processes of the parent organisation.
The MSP® Foundation and Practitioner Course is based upon the “Managing Successful Programmes 2011 edition” which describes “best practice” guidance for handling all types of transformational change programmes.
This accredited course is designed to teach the basic principles of good programme management in line with the Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow described in the MSP® approach and to prepare delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, held within the course.
- Introduction to Programmes, Programme Management and MSP®
- MSP® Principles
- MSP® Governance Themes
- MSP® Transformational Flow
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- Business Case
- Benefits Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Managing the Tranches
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Closing a Programme
- MSP Foundation Examination and results
- The MSP® Practitioner examination explained
- Review of the MSP® programme management method
- Practitioner examination hints and tips
- MSP® Practitioner examination workshops
- MSP® Practitioner Examination workshops continued
- MSP® Practitioner Examination
Presented in association with aims4change.
Foundation Level Exam
The MSP® Foundation Exam is of 1 hour duration and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. A Pass is 35 correct answers.
The exams are marked by the trainer immediately following the exam and the results are available within an hour.
Practitioner Level Exam
The MSP® Practitioner Exam is a written paper of 2.5 hours duration. There are 8 Objective Test style questions to be answered
in the 2.5 hours and the candidate may use an annotated manual. Each question is worth 10 marks and the candidate must
score 40/80 to be successful. Results will be received within 7 – 10 days
- Day 1 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 2 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 3 – 09:00am – 17:00pm – Foundation exam taken at approximately 15:00pm
- Day 4 – 09:00am – 17:00pm
- Day 5 – 09:00am – 13:00pm – Practitioner exam taken at approximately 09:30am
Please note 1-2 hours of additional evening work outside of the formal course hours is also recommended.
- Pre-course reading list
- Managing Successful Programmes – official manual
- Training from an approved MSP trainer
- Exam preparation for both exams
- Foundation exam
- Practitioner exam
- Practitioner certificate (on passing the exam)
- Detailed Foundation & Practitioner course notes
- Sample exams
Dates and Prices for MSP® Foundation & Practitioner
Choose your location
Please note all published prices are exclusive of VAT for consumers who pay no VAT or can recover VAT. The current rate of VAT is 20% for consumers that are required to pay VAT. All public classroom course bookings are subject to availability and minimum course numbers.